Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Phillies new World Champions

I know it took me a while to finally blog about it. I tend to pull for the National League nearly 99% of the time, but when a team eliminates the Dodgers that becomes a little more difficult. Congratulations are in order for Cole Hamels the Series MVP and the rest of the Phillies.

The Rays were outpitched in a Series where they seemed to have the upperhand. Former Dodgers played a role on both teams. Players included Dioner Navarro, Willy Aybar, Jayson Werth and Shane Victorino.

The home field advantage was anything but and the Phillies played well both away and at home. I was not a fan of Game 5 reconvening in the 6th inning. I was hoping since it was the WS maybe they would have started anew. Either way, my hat goes off to the City of Brotherly Love.