Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The 2008 Presidential Election

I blogged earlier about the Phillies winning the World Series and I couldn't resist the keyboard to write about possibly the biggest and most meaningful victory that I hope witness: the election of Barack Obama. At 7:21 pm PT Obama leads by a 207-135 vote total.

I can't help but make reference to how this is like a sporting event where one side is waiting to declare victory as a ticker flashes below the TV just like in a player draft. This is just so much more meaningful on so many levels; America electing our first Black president something that many felt we would not see in our lifetime. Obama is such a great orator that I get chills when I hear him speak eerily similar to MLK Jr. in his speeches. This is a victory for all minorities because we can finally say and mean Si Se Puede! I probably won't get any sleep tonight because I want to see California's electoral votes go his way and hopefully hear his victory speech.

UPDATE:

HE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS MR. PRESIDENT
BARACK OBAMA
44th PRESIDENT OF THE USA