Friday, March 7, 2008

Spring Training-Cactus League




I went over to Tucson, AZ for the first time in 12 years and it was also my first time attending Spring Training games. The city has changed a lot over the years and it is definitely worth it to catch some games before the White Sox move to Glendale, AZ in 2009. There is also a rumor floating around that the Colorado Rockies have been looking at a Goodyear, AZ location for a future move. The Diamondbacks are the other team in Tucson and I fully understand the reason why they train there, a way to spread the love throughout the state. The 113 mile drive to Tucson from Phoenix is not that bad and it is a straightshot on the 10 where the speeding cameras have yet to catch on. Beware of commute on the 101, Big Brother is watching and sending speeding tickets home.

My friends and I went to catch a couple of games last weekend. We hit up the White Sox-Diamondbacks game and I got to see Alexei play baseball since he left Cuba. He was doing well and looked comfortable which is important. We also hit up the Rockies-Mexico game and my second country got the 2-1 win. Those are the types of games I love to watch. After the seventh inning they no longer charge and it is definitely worth it. I did not get the chance to get to many pictures because we were being really lazy with our cameras.